Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Lest anyone question my commitment to this whole thing, let me tell you a small story:

I went to the gym today to find a sign on the front counter saying that the heater in the pool was broken and the water temperature was 74 degrees. And I just muttered to myself, "Oh, damn, this is gonna be cold", and then proceeded to put my suit on and swim anyway.

I'm a bad updater, but a good trainer. Mostly good trainer, anyway.

December was the month of sprints in swim practice, which nearly did me in, but may have had its benefits. As in, my steady pace may have increased a little tiny bit. Maybe.

It was also the month of discovering that, hey, I can do the Couch to 5K program. I was getting bored with running, mostly because I couldn't seem to get beyond 10 minutes, so I said, hey, let's give the C25K program a try, because at least I won't be bored anymore. And turns out, that yeah, no problem. So I'll be continuing that into the New Year.

I have roughly 4 months to race day (I don't know the official race date just yet. I imagine that information will be available soon). I feel pretty good about this at this point.

I hope your 2013 dawns brightly for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment