Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 8: Mostly Swimming

I feel considerably better this week, which is good. So, I went swimming on Monday and Wednesday. Monday was a little rough- I was still pretty tired and still had a lot of crud messing with my throat, which sometimes made it a little hard to breathe. But Wednesday was much better. And then, yesterday, I felt pretty good, so I went to the gym and hit the treadmill. I figured I'd try for running for 4 minutes, which was where I was on the plan before I got sick, but I hit 4 minutes, still felt pretty good, so I went for 6, which is what I was supposed to be doing last week. And that went just fine, so clearly taking about 10 days off while my immune system protested the coming of fall didn't have a huge effect on my cardiovascular endurance. Good to know.

Next week, I'll be doing my swimming and adding back in my strength training and walk/running. So, almost back to normal. I have to redo my calendar for the running, because I'm now a week behind where the calendar says I am, but that's all right. I'm definitely making progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment