Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 9

Week 9's recap is a little late- I had an impromptu road trip to take, but all is going to be well.

So, last week, there was swimming, whereupon my coach overestimated my abilities- she forgot that I haven't done anything faster than 1:40 per 50 and went with a time for a set of 300s that put me doing them on 1:30. I think I made the first one of the set, barely, but I definitely didn't get the rest of the set. But, I didn't fall off pace too, too badly- I was making the 50s in about 1:45, which is not awful. I could definitely have curled up right on the pool steps and gone to sleep, though, after.

Then, on Tuesday, Dad and I moved the vast majority of my belongings out of the storage locker where they've been hanging out for the last year. Since that was a lot of lifting and carrying, I didn't do an additional workout. I was pleased, though, that my back held up really well. It's getting stronger!

Wednesday was more swimming, and that went better. We also practiced flip turns, and I found out the right way of doing them, as opposed to the not-quite-correct way I've been doing them for years. They might be a little easier for me now. We'll see this week. I'm hoping to do them at least during warm-ups.

Thursday was a Not Good Day. And working out didn't happen. But, Friday, I hit the treadmill, whereupon I "ran" (I say I ran. Mom keeps saying it's not running if you were only going 2.6 on the treadmill. Whichever) for 8 minutes. Which was actually the goal for the week- 8 run, 22 walk- and it felt reasonably good. My ankles keep getting cranky after a little while, but it's not sharp pain, and it walks off, so it's probably that they need strengthening more than an actual problem. So, I've more or less caught back up on the running plan. I'm going to go for the goal of 10 minutes "running" this week and see what happens. If it works, then, yay, I'm on schedule. If I have to do it again next week, then, well, whatever. It's fine.

This week I also hope to make it to a spinning class. I got my bike shorts a few weeks ago, but there was that week I was sick, so it put that back a little. But it's all good. Things are going well, and hopefully they'll continue that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment