Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 29: Masters' Swimming

My deliverance is upon me! We are changing the swimming schedule next week to be Monday and Wednesday, 7-8 pm and Tuesday and Thursday 6-7 am. I don't have to haul myself out of bed at 4:40 am anymore!! (after Thursday). Well, at least not on a regular basis; I suspect that there may be weeks where Tuesday or Thursday may be more convenient for my schedule. I can do any combination of those days and times I want, which is very nice. But let me tell you, that was the best possible news I could have gotten at 6 am this morning.

This morning, we did 20 50s on 2 minutes. The goal for me was to keep pace around 1:40 or 1:45, leaving me with 15-20 seconds rest in between each. I, um, crushed that goal. I kept pace roughly around 1:30- I think my slowest was 1:38, and that was like, number 17. I was getting a little better at keeping my head where it belonged and I could actually feel when my knees were slipping into the way I'm not supposed to be kicking by the end, so there's progress there, too.

But yeah, tired. And I'm getting up early tomorrow, too, because I'm tutoring tomorrow night and there is not enough time between getting out of work (temp gig) and needing to be at tutoring in a different part of town to get to the gym (between the two, so this is not as insane as it might be), change, do my treadmill work, shower and change again, get myself fed and to the church for tutoring on time. But, since the gym is fairly close to work, I don't actually need to be at the gym until 7, so I don't need to leave until about 6:30, which means I don't need to get up until 5:45, which is a full hour later than I got up this morning. I'm still going to bed pretty much as soon as I get this posted, though. I be tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment