Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 10: Swimming Lessons

Things I learned at swimming lessons today:

1) What my stomach will handle before walking or even water aerobics is not the same as what my stomach will handle when I'm swimming. In other words, eating the Mojo bar on the way to the pool was not a great idea.

2) My endurance is crap at the moment. Doing 50s after stroke drills was awful. Part of that is that I didn't take my inhaler beforehand, because I haven't needed it. My lungs would beg to differ with me on that point. It's not a huge shocker- I haven't been doing a lot of endurance swimming and anaerobic exercise is a lot harder on me. But, it's always worth it to try without the inhaler first because sometimes I don't need it and I'd rather not take it if I don't have to.

3) Some strength work on my shoulders may not go amiss. They were not happy with me when I got out of the pool. They are a little happier now, three hours later, but yeah, it's a Norflex kind of night.

So, given this new information, maybe I better throw an additional swimming day into the mix. And some strength training, which will suck. I hate strength training. I know it's good for me, but man, I really don't like doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment