Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 17: Swim Lessons

I have apparently taken leave of my senses. See, apparently, the aquatics director was having trouble finding someone else to be in my group swimming class because of ability/skill mismatches, like the one we had the first day I had lessons. And she and Colin the swim instructor both agreed that I can handle the Masters' swimming (like swim team, without the meets). And so, I agreed to bounce up to the Masters'. Which meets at 6 am, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. That's 6 IN THE MORNING. I am not a morning workout person, at all. But it's the only time it meets, and I've already paid, sooooo...guess I'm hauling myself out of bed at 5am to go swimming two days a week (I'm not doing three. Just, no). So, Monday and Thursday it is.

This will be interesting the next 2 weeks because I'm also working a temp gig, so it's not like I can go home and go back to bed (which would be my inclination). And Thursdays will be interesting, because after next week, I'll have tutoring in the evenings, too. That's going to make for a very long day. But, it may be worth it. I'm going to try for September, but if it doesn't work out, then I'll quit in October.

1 comment:

  1. You will find that you will have more energy with swimming on a regular basis - how exciting this program sounds - now I am going to read the other posts!

    ReplyDelete