Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 5: 15 minute walk

Today was the first of what I am sure will be many days where I did not really want to go and do 15 minutes on the treadmill. Apparently 48 hours with no Allegra makes my body really cranky (I keep forgetting that I need to go buy some until it's 11:30 at night and I'm taking my bedtime meds. We won't be forgetting that any longer, let me tell you). But, since on the scale of 1-10 of allergy misery, this is really only a 6ish, and I was breathing fine, I went to the gym anyway. It helped that I needed to go to the bank, etc, so I had to leave the house anyway.

So, 15 minutes on the treadmill, made easier by the fact that I remembered to find my headphones so I could listen to the TV while I walked. I saw an inning of last night's Clipper's game, which looked pretty promising. I also decided that the insoles I bought the other day are not going to work. They're cushy, which is good, but the hard plastic arch support does not sit in the right spot and I can't seem to adjust it so that it will. So, I bought gel insoles at Target that do not have the hard plastic in them and I will try those out. I also bought more socks, because I cannot find most of my gym socks, even after doing laundry. I don't really wear socks between about mid-May to the end of September, so this is the first that I've noticed that they'd all gone missing. God only knows where they wound up. What I really want are some Smartwool running socks , but they are pretty expensive. Probably worth every penny, though- I love my Smartwool socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment