Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 15: 20 minute walk

So, I borrowed my mom's tennis shoes to go take my walk today (we do not have remotely the same size feet, but I wear 8.5 or 9s in running shoes because they tend to run short, and hers are 9.5, and they're lace up shoes, so they weren't falling off of me). This pretty much confirmed for me that it's my shoes that are the problem, not so much my feet. I'm now trying to decide if I should go buy an inexpensive pair of running shoes or try to get a better pair of insoles for the shoes I have. I'm going to be walking more than running for quite awhile, so I don't really need high tech running shoes at the moment. I'm thinking almost any pair of running/walking shoes will probably do me for the time being. And it would be really nice if my feet didn't hurt while I'm doing this. So, it's kind of a question of what do I need more at the moment- shoes or a new swimsuit (I do need a new suit. Neither of the two I have right now is a good training suit- they're scoop backs and the straps slip after awhile).

Anyway, 20 minutes on the treadmill today. Well, okay, it was closer to 25, because I was watching House Hunters and 20 minutes were up just before they revealed which house the buyers chose, so I kept going until that point. This TV attached to treadmill thing is very nice, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment